Bar Louie - Rocket City Happiest Happy Hour

 The moment I walked into Huntsville, Alabama's Bar Louie for Happy Hour, the crowd and staff were so energetic, I knew as a newbie to the area I had a winner. And then as I viewed the menu. Everything looked so super yummy and my eyes instantly went to Margaritas and Mojitos, my two all time favorite drinks. Anyone who lists my two favorites together is alright with me. I'm sold. 


A full bar, Bar Louie also had a beautiful display of some selections offered. For Happy Hour, the special was 1/2 off the martinis which described all sounded so wonderful. I had a hard time choosing. I narrowed it down to two and at the suggestion of the server went with the Honey Dew Martini. What can I say, the server was right. It was soooo good. 


The appetizers also half price during Happy Hour, left me with a list a must return, must try list of yumminess. This time around I tried the shrimp tempura, compliments of my little brother. Served in a basket with chop sticks and 3 dipping sauces the presentation was super cute and the dish itself, good enough to want your own basket. 
We also opted for the Meatballs Al Forno served in a skillet with crostinis. I would not have thought to pair crostinis with meatballs, however with a sauce and cheese thick enough to spread onto the buttered flavored crostinis and the meatballs soft enough to mesh with a fork and also add to the crostinis it was a perfect pairing.
Lastly, I had to try the Loaded Tots covered with queso, bacon and scallions. More yummy goodness that made my first Happy Hour in Rocket City the Happiest Happy Hour yet. I can't wait to return to try some margaritas and mojitos, Bar Louie's S'Mores Martinis and more of their delightful dishes. Plus next time I plan to sit on Bar Louie's charming patio and cozy up to one of their fireside tables.


Popular Posts