Music Monday - A Beautiful, Soulful Voice, R.I.P Joe Cocker

I was just thinking about this song and Mr. Joe Cocker as I wrote last night's post on the 25 Day Love Challenge. And I was such a fan of the TV show The Wonder Years so my mind went right to that show's opening and as always, the memories flooded my mind.

How awesome is it, to do what you love and if that love happens to be music, how wonderful is it to create, sing, perform these notes brought together in melody that does so many wonderful things for millions of people. Wow!!! Music is such a beautiful language.

Joe Cocker's voice is one of those voices that you instantly recognize. There is no doubting it is him, at least in my mind. And I love his way of connecting to his music. The way he flings his arms about. His way of feeling the beat. And then there's that rasp and that soulfulness in his voice.
Man, I just love it.

R.I.P Joe Cocker  
May 20, 1944 - December 22, 2014




Comments

Popular Posts