The Countdown To Bonnaroo 2017 Starts Now

{Photo By: Andrew Jorgensen}

Oh my gosh, just five days until Bonnaroo!!! I'm so excited to cover this year's Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. I'm counting down the days like a kid would count down their days until going to Disney World. Arriving on The Farm which will hold some 80,000 to 100,000 Bonnaroovians is going to be a bohemain wonderland for me. While I've had the opportunity to cover smaller music festivals, Bonnaroo is that festival that I've dreamed of attending year after year, looking at its line up, anticipating the year that I would finally go. This is that year and I simply can not wait. 

Music acts that I have always wanted to see will perform. And I just looked at my moon calendar the other day, and how about U2 is performing Friday, June 9 under a full moon. It just doesn't get any better than that. My little boho soul is dancing. 

Then there's Red Hot Chili Peppers, "give it away, give it away, give it away now." I also can't wait to see Glass Animals {I love this song and video}, The Weeknd, Chance the Rapper {Life Round Here is my gym jam} and there are so many more music artists I'm looking forward to seeing. 

I recently learned about these new to me artists that I'm looking forward to experiencing.  New Orleans Band Sweet Crude is rocking my world with this song and then there's Reubin Bidez melodic voice, gently and soulfully wailing out Turning to Wine and reminding me of Bob Dylan. I'm also more than excited to see NPR's Tiny Desk winner Tank and The Bangas. My dear friend sent me a link to their winning video earlier this year and I was instantly a fan. And speaking of being instantly a fan, Ella Vos has captured every one of my senses with her beautiful voice, stirring lyrics and visuals. I don't even have the words yet. I'm so looking forward to getting to know more about this artist and hearing much more from her. 

Then there's the fashion. I'm a sit at a café people watcher by nature and next weekend I get to relax with nature and watch all of the beautiful, bohemina fashionistas wonder about. And although I'm taking a cooler of goodies, I've been told I have to try Prater's Barbeque. I have my taste buds all ready to do a happy dance.

Lastly, because I started my life's journey being so shy, each time I do different things as an adult, like this, my first trip to Bonnaroo, I offer myself a challenge. My Bonnaroo challenge is to participate in one jam session with fellow Bonnaroovians. Hmmm? I'm a bit nervous and also excited to see how this plays out. 

Bonnaroo looks like a slice, a big ole slice of heaven on earth. The Music and Arts Festival offers art installations, opportunities to give back and other great activities that will surely have me sharing the awesome experience all year long. Stay tuned all week for more of the countdown and for Bonnaroo 2017

{Photo By: Andrew Jorgensen}

{Photo By: Brian Hensley}

{Photo By: Film Magic}

{Photo By: Film Magic}

Comments

Popular Posts